EUROPE LIVING™ is a brand of net-n-net internetsolutions inc, Germany. This agreement describes the terms and conditions applicable to your use of our services available under the domain of http://www.europe-living.com ('website'). If you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, you may not use or our services nor surf this website.
All EUROPE LIVING users must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this agreement, valid since October, 1st 2005, before becoming a member of the website. Members automatically agree to a new or modified agreement if they do not disagree in written form within 3 weeks after getting notified about the changes.
This agreement automatically gets part of all contracts between landlords and tenants. Exceptions must be agreed to in written form.
You may abrogate your approval to these terms and conditions via email. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, as soon as you added an accommodation to our database or rented an accommodation via this website you may not abrogate your approval anymore.
§ 1 EUROPE LIVING is only a venue
The EUROPE LIVING™ website is only a 'marche' where accommodations are offered and can be rented by others. We do not review accommodations added by members, we never possess the accommodations offered through the website and we are not involved in transactions between landlords and tenants. You must not offer any accommodations which we do not permit on this site or are in some way illegal. We do not accept any obligation to protect you from unsafe accommodations listed on our website.
§ 2 Registration
1. You need to register before being able to use our services. There is no legitimate claim to get a member and EUROPE LIVING reserves the right to exclude members. Registering as a member is free of charge. You get a member by registering and agreeing to these terms and conditions.
2. Only individuals and business entities are able to register as a member. Individuals need to be older than 18 unless the age of consent is different in your country of residence. Minors may not get members. If you are registering as a business entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind that entity to this agreement
3. All data requested by EUROPE LIVING™ throughout the registration process or any changes made to your information must be accurate and complete. The member is responsible to update all information that might change during the membership. This is expressly but not exclusively important for your contact information, such as email, phone number and your address.
4. The user may choose a password and a username - which needs to be a valid email address, that may only be received by the member. Members are required to keep their login info strictly confidential. EUROPE LIVING™ and all of our service staff will never disclose the password to anybody nor ask you for your password.
5. Every member may only open one account. An account is not transferable to others.
6. EUROPE LIVING™ reserves the right to delete accounts if information is inaccurate or incomplete or if the member is infringing rules set in this agreement or by law. We will inform you about the possible deletion at least three weeks in advance.
§ 3 Rules and Terms
1. EUROPE LIVING™ is offering all services only as a venue as explained under §1. EUROPE LIVING may terminate or limit the service or parts of it without any prior notice. Parts of the service may be bound to special requirements (e.g. the duration of the membership).
2. Some services and functionalities may be limited due to technical necessities.
§ 4 Account Cacellation
1. EUROPE LIVING™ may take action if we get informed about any illegal behaviour of a member or if a member infringes the rules of EUROPE LIVING. This a partial list of possible actions:
- Issuing a caution
- Deleting accommodations
- Provisional account suspension
- Deleting accounts
2. EUROPE LIVING™ may delete accounts instantly and exclude individuals completely and permanently if:
- The member got bad reviews through our rating system
- The member's information is false
- Accommodations added to our database are not existing or not matching the information given
- If a member is using EUROPE LIVING abusive
- Adding contact info in places not thought for such info
3. As soon as you got banned as a member once you may not open a new account with EUROPE LIVING anymore nor use another, already existing account.
4. EUROPE LIVING™ may delete accounts without any reason if this is announced to the member at least 21 days in advance.
§ 5 Fees
1. The registration with EUROPE LIVING is free. Adding accommodations to the database is also free - including two images.
2. For additional services additional fees may apply. If an accommodation gets booked via this website the landlord owes EUROPE LIVING a commission of 10% of the total amount.
3. All fees and commissions are due directly after a booking. Only if a booking gets cancelled within 2 hours after the initial booking EUROPE LIVING may waive the commission.
4. EUROPE LIVING™ members are not allowed to bypass our rules and pricing structure - e.g. by adding additional fees to the total shown in the search results. Members may not add any contact info in textboxes not thought for such info. Doing so may result in an account cancellation.
All tenants and landlords may not use any information received through a booking with EUROPE LIVING to initiate future bookings bypassing EUROPE LIVING.
§ 7 Contract between Tenant and Landlord
After clicking on the button 'book now' this contract is closed between the tenant and the landlord, who has to supply the booked accommodation to the tenant in the period of time booked.
EUROPE LIVING™ assumes no liability from this contract. This exclusion of liability includes expressly, but not exclusively claims for indemnity from damages to persons, assets or materials.
Modifications to this contract after a booking will only get in effect after a written confirmation of the modification(s) by EUROPE LIVING™.
Landlord and tenant have to get in contact with each other directly after booking to clear all questions concerning payments and arrival details. The landlord commits that he will supply the booked accommodation to the tenant as booked with offering the accommodation via the EUROPE LIVING database. The landlord is entitled to veto the booking if the booking was made less than 48 hours before arrival and if this rule was communicated on the details page of the accommodation. The landlord is also authorized to veto the booking if the nights booked are not continuous.
The tenant is required to pay at least 50 % of the total amount directly after booking. All other payments have to made corresponding to the agreement with the landlord. Legally binding is the amount calculated by EUROPE LIVING. All other costs, like e.g. 'final cleaning' are illegitimate and ineffective.
2. Online cancellation
The tenant is able to cancel the booking within the first 2 hours after the booking via the EUROPE LIVING website. A handling fee of € 5 will apply.
3. Cancellation later than 24 hours
After a booking has been made the tenant is still able to cancel. In such a case the following cancellation fees will apply:
Cancellation prior 60 days before scheduled arrival:
30% of the total amount
Cancellation prior 30 days before scheduled arrival:
60% of the total amount
Cancellation later than 30 days before scheduled arrival:
80% of the total amount
Tenant and landlord will contact each other directly in order to cancel a booking. The landlord will credit the difference between the total amount and the cancellation fee.
4. Arrival and Departure
In case there is no special agreement between the tenant and the landlord the following rules apply: At the day of arrival guest may arrive from 3pm on and need to leave before 12pm at the day of departure. In other cases the landlord is entitled to charge the tenant for one extra night.
The tenant is required to show a passport to the landlord and to fill in an arrival form. The landlord is required to give the tenant a receipt for all payments. Any deposits will be returned at the day of departure.
The tenant is liable for the complete settling of all bills. The tenant is liable for all damages caused by him/her or one member of the tenant's party.
6. Security deposit
The security deposit is thought for possible damages caused by the tenants. The landlord is entitled to request a security deposit of € 50 per person and day. The landlord has to request the security deposit directly after the booking. Any deposits will be returned at the day of departure if no damages where caused.
This translation of the original Terms and Conditions is for your information only. Legally binding are the original Terms and Conditions in German. Please do not hesitate to contact EUROPE LIVING in case of any questions.